I made a request for
All guidebooks, policy manuals, and similar materials regularly provided to persons designated as fare enforcement monitors by King County Metro under RCW 35.58.585.
and got back:
- SOP-TS_502-01_Basic_On_Board_Inspections_5-22-2017_REVISION.DOCX (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_502-02_Fare_Inspection_Techniques_5-22-2017_REVISION.DOCX (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-03_Issuing_Warnings_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-04_Writing_Infractiions_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-05_Misdemeanor_Fare_Evasion_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-06_Line_Assignments_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-07_Discretion_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-08_Handling_Juveniles_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-15_Non-Transferrable_Orca_Cards_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-16_Blocked_Orca_Cards_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-17_PFPT_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-18_Uniforms._Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-19_On-Duty_Performance_Expectations_10-20-2017_REVISION.DOCX (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-20_Non-Discrimination_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-21Orca_Cards_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
- SOP-TS_102-25_Radio_Communications_Jan_2015.docx (txt, pdf)
You can also view a single combined PDF.
I have two observations.
One: SOP-TS_102-06, SOP-TS_102-07, and SOP-TS_102-08 contain Microsoft Word metadata indicating some revisions on January 10, 2018 (3 days before I made my request).
The revisions are visible in this alternate combined PDF.
Two: this reveals a Document Numbering System. It seems to have gaps, too. Interesting.
When reviewing these, I noticed a reference to a document numbered SOP-TS_102-22 ("Use of Force"), which was not included in the original set of responsive documents. I submitted a follow-up request for
all documents in the SOP-TS series that were not sent to me in response to my original request. This includes, but is not limited to, SOP-TS 102-09 through 102-14, SOP-TS 102-22 ("Use of Force"), SOP-TS 102-23 through 102-24, and SOP-TS 102-26 and higher, if such documents exist
which contains references to four other documents that (arguably) should have been responsive to the initial request. Another follow-up request has been sent.
Last modified: 2018-02-28